Barcode Verification Services
If you have created barcodes, you want to ensure that they scan the first time, every time. GS1 Turkmenistan tests determine if your barcodes comply with GS1 Standards, and check each barcode symbol on a variety of point-of-sale scanners. GS1 Turkmenistan will only verify barcodes that encode numbers created with GS1 Turkmenistan issued company prefixes.
GS1 Turkmenistan tests the barcode for compliance to the GS1 Standards through a verification process and the GS1 General Specifications. This for fee testing assesses size, color, print quality, and quiet zones. GS1 Turkmenistan also assesses barcode height, location/placement of the barcode, and the correct calculation of the check digit. To verify your product barcodes with GS1 Turkmenistan, please submit:
- The retail item in its final form, or
- For non-retail items
- Shrink-wrapped trays (submit trays with the individual items packed inside)
- Display boxes (can be sent flattened for a complete assessment)
- Inner-packs and outer cartons (whole cartons can be sent flattened for a complete assessment)
To order barcode verification reports, please visit the GS1 Turkmenistan office.
- A barcoded piece/panel of an irregular shaped consumer unit (e.g., cylindrical item) that has been removed from the consumer unit cannot be assessed as a complete sample.
- Barcode testing can be done on laser prints, bromides, mock-ups and proofs, but all artwork samples are issued with an interim report only. This assessment is beneficial to check the barcode size and quiet zones (light margins). However, all other assessments can only be carried out on final samples. It is strongly recommended that items in their final form are submitted to obtain a complete verification report.
- Heavy or bulky items should not be submitted for testing. This includes items weighing over 10 kilograms or very large items that are awkward to handle. Empty, flat packaging can be submitted for verification in these cases.